Reporting to: Head of video
Location: Parktown, Johannesburg
We are looking for a multimedia reporter to work in our multimedia team producing original daily video content for all Tiso Blackstar Group websites – including TimesLIVE, BusinessLIVE and SowetanLIVE.
- Writing, producing, shooting, voicing, editing and publishing video content in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to our audience.
- Writing text articles to accompany videos and researching background information for videos.
- Publishing video clips and editing image galleries according to editorial style and production quality guidelines.
- Assisting in sourcing and executing news investigations.
- Maintaining a strong list of story ideas.
- Weekend and after-hours work will be required at times.
Required skills and attributes:
- Strong English-language writing and communication skills.
- Strong on-camera presence and ability to do voiceovers.
- Current knowledge of local and world news events.
- Confidence in coordinating, organising and conducting interviews.
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts for exclusive stories.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop and basic After Effects).
- Expertise in using various professional cameras.
- An understanding of digital video analytics and how to use them to plan and improve video content.
- Speed and accuracy are paramount.
- Self-motivated team player.
Skills that would be an advantage:
- Experience in “live” video settings and technical knowledge thereof.
- Experience in a digital role in a newsroom.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least two years’ experience in shooting and editing in a news environment.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Applications deadline: February 15 2019
Applications should be addressed to: Amanda Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiso Blackstar Group applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act and, as such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation. If we do not respond to you in the next two months, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.