The Citizen is seeking to employ a general sports content creator/digital administrator within the editorial department, reporting to the Head of Sport.
The position will require the candidate to work for print and digital platforms and will involve sub-editing and content-loading administrative tasks.
Purpose of the job:
To generate up-to-date, relevant and accurate content for the digital platforms of the Sports Department. This will involve mainly digital publishing and content creation, but also content for the print publication.
To publish stories that are accurate and relevant in immediate time to the website and load and subedit in the production of content to the website.
- Production of accurate and well-written sports copy for both the daily newspaper and the website.
- Establishing and maintaining a following on Twitter.
- Gathering of news from a variety of reliable sources.
- Generation of ideas and proposals for new stories.
- Covering important events/issues timeously.
- Establishing a network of contacts.
- Liaising with photographers about specific events.
- Contribute on the production side of both print and digital.
- Maintaining of good relationship with colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Journalism.
- Wide knowledge and passion for sport.
- 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar position.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook.
- Excellent people and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital publishing platform WordPress or similar platform.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
- Deadline driven.
- Innovative and independent.
- High degree of professional Journalistic conduct.
- Proven journalistic track record.
- Knowledge of media and publishing law
- Excellent writing skills and ability to create editorial and multimedia content.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Own reliable vehicle.
- Solid references.
- Required to work on weekends, early and late shifts.
Please send suitable applications with a full CV to email@example.com
Reference in subject line: Multimedia
Closing date for applications: 6 August 2021
Preference will be given to individuals who will add to the diversity of the organisation.
The Citizen reserves the right to not fill the position.