Volume is an exciting, forward-thinking podcasting company. We are home to a range of award-winning podcasts and have produced a number of them with exceptional, international clients. See more about us at www.volume.africa.
Job — Podcast Producer Intern — three month contract
Volume is looking for a full-time Podcast Producer Intern who can work on a whole range of podcasts. We need you to be an editor, writer and producer. You must be fully equipped to work from home.
Our previous intern has grown into an established Junior Podcast Producer and we would like to see the same path for you. There is real opportunity for growth in this role.
- A full knowledge of Pro Tools or Adobe Audition and an ability to edit quickly (this is essential). And an ability to do a final mix.
- An ability to script for radio. This means writing intros, outros, narration and questions.
- An ability to write emails and correspond articulately in all forms of communication.
- An ability to audio-edit with the final editorial product in mind (to have a sense of what is interesting or necessary in a piece, not just the technical edits).
- A passion for recorded audio and podcasts in general.
- A personable nature and an ability to talk to clients and receive feedback from them if necessary.
- An ability to take on a project and run with it.
- A need to be a part of a company that is small but is growing and has big ambitions.
- An additional language is not essential, but would put you at a great advantage.
- An undergrad degree, especially in media with a radio component, would also put you at an advantage.
Please send examples of your audio work, a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 21 August 2021