The Journalism Programme at Wits University is looking to appoint a part-time webmaster who will look after www.journalism.co.za as well as other departmental websites.
Position: Webmaster (IT09)
50% Contract position from 1 November 2014 until 31 December 2015.
- A bachelors’ degree or equivalent;
- Five years’ experience;
- High-level web design and management skills;
- Knowledge of WordPress and other relevant software;
- Good communication skills;
- Experience in editorial environment
- CSS Html, copy-editing and multimedia skills would be an advantage
The webmaster is responsible for:
- Maintaining www.journalism.co.za and keeping it updated with fresh information on the department and of general interest to its audience, the journalists of Southern Africa;
- Assisting with teaching students technical aspects of website management;
- Managing the department’s social media presence;
- Developing new sites for teaching purposes; and
- Producing regular newsletters.
Inquiries: Prof Franz Krüger, email@example.com.
Closing date: 31 October 2014.
To Apply: Submit a letter of motivation, detailed CV with the names and contact numbers of three referees (including email addresses).
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits/self service application/”Apply for a job”
External applicants are invited to apply by: registering your profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.wits.ac.za and submitting your application.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment and continue searching after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.