The Journalism Programme in the School of Literature, Language and Media invites applications for appointment to the full-time position of Project Officer. The post will involve building funding and other partnerships around various projects in the department, including particularly public interest radio programming developed in the Wits Radio Academy and the Global Investigative Journalism Conference (GIJC2017) which will be hosted at Wits in 2017.
Position: Project Officer 100% (AD9)
Grant funded, fixed term position. One year contract, to start as soon as possible.
This list is not exclusive and emphasis will be placed on sound work experience and proven abilities.
- At minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as journalism;
- Strong knowledge and interest in media, particularly the radio sector;
- Three years’ working experience in media is desirable;
- Experience in developing projects and funding relationships;
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Research and writing skills;
- Highly organized, reliable, attention to detail and ability to work independently when needed;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritise workload and ‘multi-task’;
- Mature work practices, highly motivated, demonstrates sound judgment and the ability to respond positively to mentoring and directions.
This person is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining funding and content partnerships for independent public interest radio programming developed in the Wits Radio Academy for broadcast on partner station;
- Developing and maintaining funding and other partnerships for the Global Investigative Journalism Conference (GIJC2017) and other conferences;
- Assisting with the organisation of conferences and other events;
- Developing, implementing and marketing other projects as determined from time to time;
- Other tasks as assigned from time to time.
Inquiries: Prof Franz Kruger, email@example.com
Closing date: 5 Feburary 2016
To Apply: Submit a letter of motivation, detailed CV with the names and contact numbers of three referees (including email addresses).
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits/self service application/”Apply for a job”
External applicants are invited to apply by: registering your profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting your application.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment and continue searching after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.