Commence: 01 March 2017
Remuneration: Competitive monthly stipend
This is a 6-month contract with an option to renew once.
Wits Justice Project (WJP):
The WJP is a project of the Journalism Department of the University of Witwatersrand. The WJP investigates miscarriages of justice and raises awareness of issues within the criminal justice system with an aim to advocate for change, strengthen procedures and build on reform efforts. This is achieved through investigative journalism, advocacy, research and education
- A relevant degree from an accredited University
- A keen interest in human rights
- Proven ability to carry out journalistic research and investigations, and to be able to produce from that compelling media products
- Social Media and web site management experience
As an intern you will be required to:
- Produce regular social media including blogs, tweets, Facebook posts
- Investigate and research, identify and interview and produce journalist products
- Be willing to visit prisons, courts and police stations from time to time
- Be willing to interview inmates
- Evaluate and respond to correspondence from inmates
- Carry out various office administration tasks
- Be willing to assist with a variety of projects including organising events and seminars
- Work as a member of a small, hard-working, team which is passionate about human rights.
To apply, submit a letter of motivation and detailed CV by 17 February 2017 to email@example.com
The WJP reserves the right not to make an appointment and continue searching after the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Wits Justice Project, refer to www.witsjusticeproject.co.za