Are you interested in making innovative public interest radio programmes in fields like law, science and business? The Wits Radio Academy is now looking for a radio journalist / field producer to join its Programming Hothouse team. The Science Inside, Law Focus and Business Buzz are broadcast on VoW 88.1, Wits University’s campus station and are made available as podcast. We also work with other radio stations to construct local versions of some of the shows, and plan to add others to the list. The producer post will be full-time, on the basis of a one-year contract.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Producing sound-rich inserts for a range of radio shows: conceptualizing, reporting, gathering sound, scripting and producing;
· Assisting with show planning, live show production and debriefing afterwards
· Innovation in terms of formats, approaches and topics to create great radio;
· Some liaison with partnering community stations, may include some involvement in training.
· Relevant journalism degree or experience;
· Experience of radio content production, including guest selection, interviewing, scripting, audio editing;
· Ability to engage and work with production team;
· Some key personal characteristics: creativity, responsible, diligent, able to think on one’s feet, motivated and engaged;
· A willingness to work flexible hours;
Please send through a C.V with a motivation letter about yourself and what you think you could bring to the team. Examples of radio work should also be included. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed and voice checks conducted. Applications should be sent email@example.com
Deadline: 15 April 2016
For further information on the shows and examples of the kind of work we produce, have a look at www.journalism.co.za/radio, or contact:
Xoli Matomela, Executive Producer: Wits Radio Academy