The Wits Radio Academy seeks to appoint a Radio content intern, based in Johannesburg.
Commence: January 2018
Remuneration: Competitive monthly stipend
This is a 6-month contract with an option to renew once.
Wits Radio Academy
The Wits Radio Academy’s Programming Hothouse develops radio programming in collaboration with Voice of Wits and community radio stations. The unit aims to develop new ways of using radio in order to improve public information and discussion, combining civic education with a more critical, journalistic approach. To develop new ways of working with partner stations, particularly in the community radio sector, through co-productions which improve the availability of engaging and independent quality broadcasting?
- A 3rd year Diploma/Degree or equivalent
- A keen interest in community radio and talk radio content production
- Interest and passion for excellent radio, as well as for community radio.
- Radio experience
- Proven ability to carry out journalistic research on current, and to be able to produce from that compelling media content
As an intern you will be required to:
- Produce regular talk show content: This includes identifying content, organizing interviews and even producing multi-platform stories and content (podcasts, packages etc.)
- Assist on various programmes with content and coordination for community radio stations
- Be willing to assist with various office administration tasks
- Be willing to assist with a variety of projects including organizing events and seminars
- Work as a member of a small, hard-working, team which is passionate about community radio.
To apply, submit a letter of motivation and detailed CV by 20 December 2018 to Lerato.email@example.com
The Wits Radio Academy reserves the right not to make an appointment and continue searching after the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Wits Radio Academy, refer to https://www.journalism.co.za/radio-academy/